Care Coordination and the Role of the Oncology Nurse Navigator
May 24, 2017
1:00 - 2:00 pm EDT
Tricia Strusowski, Alina Maleski Smith & Yamile Leon
Oncology Solutions & Miami Cancer Institue
More [fa icon="caret-down"]
With the creation of national standards and core competencies for navigation, hospitals and healthcare organizations still find it challenging to implement or revise their cancer programs. Care coordination and collaboration with hospital administrators and providers is essential. This presentation will define and review the benefits of navigation and care coordination, national standards, value-based care concepts, and measuring success with metrics.
- Define and Review Benefits, Goals, and Core Competencies of Navigation
- Define Care Coordination Care Phases, Gaps, and Consequences
- Review Commission on Cancer, Chapter 3: Continuum of Care
- Review Institute of Medicine Conceptual Framework, and Recommendations
- Discuss Value-Based Care, Oncology Care Models, and Medical Neighborhoods
- Review Navigation and Integration with the Oncology Hematology Physician Practices
- Share Best Practices with Standing Order Sets, Physician Profiles, etc.
- Measure Success with Metrics