Darcy Burbage, Supportive and Palliative Care Nurse Navigator & Oncology Nursing Advocate at Christiana Care Health System, spoke recently at The National Cancer Policy Forum public workshop. Her presentation – which was titled Establishing Effective Patient Navigation Programs in Oncology – examined the optimal conditions and components of successful patient navigation programs.
Among her most compelling points, consider these amazing results from her organization since the implementation of a formal nurse navigator role:
- Provider and patient satisfaction scores of 98% to 100%
- Development of a comprehensive lymphedema program with more than 80% reduction in volumetric measurements and average revenue of $2,500 per 14-visit treatment program
- Decrease in breast biopsy turnaround times from 18 to five days
- Decrease in ED visits from 58.3% to 31.1%
- Decrease in readmissions at 30 days from 31% to 15%
Find out how Cordata can help your organization achieve similar results. Contact us to schedule a demo.